Friday, May 6, 2011

Affordable Art Fair ...NYC...2011 and my OOBE










Tried, I really did ;) , to have an OOBE (out of body experience). I was hoping that I could just hop over to the AAF in New York, NY... right over by the Empire St. Bldng...., yah, didn't get too far with that... I get to have my preview party right here... Thanks to technology!

Thought I would share a bit of what my laptop is doing for me, and how I am making the most of it here with out packing any bags or wondering what I should wear....

I have enjoyed 'meeting' a few of the great artists that also work with Ugallery... each of them deserving and worth taking a look!

Rebecca Rousseau (North Carolina) and I chatted a bit on Facebook on the opening night, fun lady! She sold 3 paintings on the preview night!

Duane Romanell and his wife Christine Soccio (New Jersey) attended the preview night and kindly sent me some photos of the opening. That was so thoughtful of them... I was feeling so bummed about not going!

Duane left the nicest comment for me on my Ugallery blog...
"Kayleen - Just wanted to comment on how beautiful your work looks up close and in person. I stopped by the AAF show in Manhattan last night with my wife (and fellow UGallery artist) Christine Soccio to check out the booth, and so your work hanging there. Very stunning, very bright and colorful, and very well done. Completely impressed with your art. I wish you much good success with all of it."

It almost feels like I am at the fair... well, not really.... I think it would be so great if I could have my spirit travel to great museums and places I have never been! Bringing home trinkets wouldn't be so easy, but I am not so sure that one would need them if a person could visit them when we have the whim.

***click on the images to expand*****

To see more photos and get a better feel for the AAF... click here ...
To see or purchase the art work at Ugallery's booth at the AAF....click here ...



For the second season, AAF NYC also will offer Free Admission for all visitors on Thursday, May 5 from 6:00-8:00PM, making art accessible for all. In celebration of Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 8, Moms accompanied by a child will be welcomed to AAF with free admission and a special Mother’s Day gift bag. As always, all children under 12 can attend the fair no admission charge during all public hours.

General Admission: May 5th – 8th, 2011
Thursday, May 5: 11:00AM-8:00 PM
6:00 – 8:00 PM Free Admission
Friday, May 6th: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday, May 7th: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Sunday, May 8th: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM Mother’s Day: Mothers attending the fair with a child will receive free admission and a AAF Mother’s Day gift bag (while supplies last).

Tickets: General admission tickets $20
Students and Seniors: $15
Group discounts (10+): $10
Children under 12: FREE during public fair hours

Happy Mother’s Day: Sunday, May 8: Mothers attending the fair with a child will receive free admission and a AAF Mother’s Day gift bag (while supplies last).

To purchase tickets, please visit www.aafnyc.com.










No comments: