Friday, May 24, 2013

Sisu much?

To zoom click on image

Prop pieces in progress for a new product line debuting at the FinnFest Tori Market
Student Development Complex
MTU 101
MacInnes Dr Houghton,
 

Wednesday June 19th 1:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.
Thursday Friday and Saturday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
 

(my paintings will be at the Rosza gallery MTU)


The older I get the more I know, ... or think I know???
 Though it hasn't come without experience, I do know how to make a mess!   

Today amongst several other errands I had to haul a load of donations over to Sebeka and then managed to hit a jackpot on the way home. I think the other half may finally agree that those yard sales are not half bad. 

I almost cruised on by but did a quick change of  mind and pulled in the long drive... didn't find any thing else that suited my need... but the goldy was begging me to take her home.  Well, I hope the old owner doesn't cry, and I am thinking goldy won't (she will get lots of lovin from now on) ..  I grabbed a titch of sisu (it really was a perfect frame) and carved the back end off  of one side first with a kitchen knife and then a bit more with an exacto... which is, I might add, proof that I do know how to make a mess.   

for the non Finish type...sisu is translated as guts.   


No comments: